Last Updated: January 2, 2013
As a general rule, there are three categories of people using, or interacting with, the Site and Services:
- "Publishers" individuals or organizations who are accessing and/or using the LeadiD Services to create LeadiDs on their own web site(s) (i.e., Publisher Site(s));
- "LeadiD Auditors" are individuals or organizations who have received data from another party with a LeadiD present with those data and desire to verify the authenticity of the LeadiD and the other data they received (i.e., a LeadiD Audit).
- "End Users of Publisher Sites" are individuals who may visit Publisher Sites and may interact with, including entering information into forms on, those Publisher Sites.
Privacy Practices for Publishers and LeadiD Auditors
For clarity, this section applies only to Publishers and LeadiD Auditors utilizing the LeadiD Services, not to End Users of Publisher Sites. For more information on privacy practices regarding End Users of Publisher Sites, please see the next section (“Privacy Practices for End Users Who Visit Publisher Sites”).
- The information we gather and how we use it: When you access the Site, there are several sections where you may voluntarily enter information that may be used to identify or locate you, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, Facebook ID, Twitter ID, or billing information, as well as other non-public information that is associated with this information (“LeadiD Member Personally Identifiable Information” or “LeadiD Member PII”). We will not collect LeadiD Member PII except when you knowingly provide it, including when you register for the Site, provide feedback, or request information. We use your LeadiD Member PII to administer your account and provide you services, to send communications and administrative emails, to respond to your inquiries, and to send marketing and product update messages to those who ask for such messages. Typically, individuals acting on behalf of a Publisher and/or LeadiD Auditor would be the only individuals to provide this type of information on the LeadiD Site in order to access and register for the Services. For example, Publishers may provide their email address when they register on the Site and create a user name and password.
- Controlling our use of your LeadiD Member PII: If you have provided LeadiD Member PII, such as your email address when registering for our Site, you may modify that information at any time by visiting your account settings (http://app.leadid.com/users/edit). While we would be sorry to see you go, you can delete your account at any time. You can opt out of receiving certain email communications from the Site by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email, or through a similar opt out link that may be provided.
- Information Sharing: We share LeadiD Member PII collected via the Site with other companies or individuals as follows:
- With third parties if we have a good faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or an enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce the Agreement, including but not limited to investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Lead Intel, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your LeadiD Member PII may be among the assets transferred.
- Within the use of the LeadiD Audit service, some of the requested information may include LeadiD Member PII that is associated with the information within your account, such as your company's name.
Privacy Practices for End Users Who Visit Publisher Sites
This section applies to End Users visiting Publisher Sites who are utilizing LeadiD Services.
Many Publisher Sites utilize LeadiD Services. When an End User visits, enters information into, or otherwise interacts with a Publisher Site, the LeadiD software and Services that have been installed on the Publisher Site automatically create and return to the Publisher a LeadiD. We associate only anonymous, non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) with a LeadiD on our servers. If an End User enters personally identifiable information (“PII”) into a form on a Publisher Site, the LeadiD Services encrypt that PII using a cryptographic hash function which makes it infeasible for anyone, including us, to store, retrieve, reverse-engineer, or utilize the PII that was volunteered by the End User. We enable LeadiD Auditors, as well as Publishers, to use this anonymous, Non-PII information via the LeadiD Services for LeadiD Audit purposes. We do not store End User PII, and the only information that a LeadiD Auditor or Publisher may directly gain from utilizing LeadiD Services is anonymous, Non-PII information.
The information we gather and how we use it:
- PII: We do not store PII that is volunteered by End Users on a Publisher’s Site. As described above, any PII that is entered by an End User on a Publisher’s site who is utilizing LeadiD Services is not stored as PII and will only be stored as Non-PII in the form of encrypted values.
- Non-PII: We collect Non-PII through the provision of Services. For example, when an End User visits a Publisher Site, our server logs may collect the End User’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time that that web page was visited, as well as other anonymous, Non-PII information.
- Controlling our use of End User Non-PII: If an End User does not want us to store their Non-PII, they can opt-out by not visiting Publisher Sites that utilize the Services.
- Information Sharing: We share anonymous, Non-PII with other companies or individuals as follows:
- To enable us to provide our Services to LeadiD Auditors who wish to certify that an Event took place in which an End User legitimately participated and to ensure that your data was not tampered with as it was transmitted to other companies.
- We share any information we have with third parties if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or an enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce the applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Lead Intel, its End Users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we expect that any and all information that we have will be among the assets transferred.
- In addition, we may aggregate your Non-PII with the Non-PII of others and share that aggregated information with third parties without restriction.
Information Security and Retention
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to LeadiD Member PII to Lead Intel employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, we are unable to guarantee that the security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that your information will remain secure under all circumstances. We retain individual records of LeadiD Member PII and all Non-PII indefinitely.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain LeadiD Member PII from individuals who are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under the age of 13. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. If we obtain knowledge that a LeadiD Member or other user of our Site is under the age of 13, we will take steps to remove that user's PII from our databases.
Links to Other Sites
The Site and Services are hosted in the United States. If you access the Site or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site or Services, you are transferring your PII to the United States and you consent to that transfer. Additionally, you understand that your PII may be processed in countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing PII may be less stringent than in your country.
Questions or Comments?
Lead Intelligence, Inc.
524 Plymouth Road #618
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437-0618
Lead Intelligence, Inc.
524 Plymouth Road
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437